The major role of any roof system is to shield and protect the dwelling below from the elements. In recent times the introduction of colour, style, new materials, a vast array of attachments such as solar panels and media antenna and the ability to harvest water from the roof line has made us look at and think more about maintaining our roof systems.
Excess Cleaning prefer to use a “Low Pressure” approach whenever cleaning roof systems. Whether it be Coloured Cement, Terracotta or a Zinc or Colorbond Metal roof system. After all, blasting away at your roof system with 4000 psi is asking for trouble not to mention removing the expensive colour membrane applied to painted tile roof systems. That’s the colour you see running down the drain.
We like to take a low pressure approach as follows:
1. Assess the roof thoroughly before we commence. Check the pointing and capping, gutters, divert or disconnect any water to storage tanks. Check for cracked and broken tiles, flashings, skylights etc. If found, report them to the client before commencement. A photo log will be generated.
2. Plant and pet protection is paramount to a successful client experience. We cover and protect all valuables, electrical connections etc and plant life with suitable physical covers or water barriers.
3. Apply our custom made SoftWash Solution to the roof system. Allow this application to activate. This process will see an immediate improvement and the effects on such growths as Lichen and gloeocapsa magma (Black mould) showing a whitening. Further applications may be required to ensure all growth is destroyed.
4. “Low Pressure” Rinse. We emphasize the “Low Pressure” . Maintaining a pressure below 800 PSI we generating a volume of water to rinse and dilute the active ingredients of our solution to thoroughly rinse away all the mould, algae, droppings, tannins, dirt and lichen.
5. The once over. Often there will be a need to clean up at ground level and return the property to the client in the condition befitting the high standards we strive to achieve. It’s this attention to detail that sets Excess Cleaning apart from the rest of the field.
Always Consider a low pressure option when thinking of Roof Cleaning